Erika’s entire practice is focused on counseling insurers on complex coverage and other insurance related matters at both the claim stage and in litigation. She concentrates her insurance coverage practice on personal, commercial and professional lines of insurance and handles coverage matters in the areas of business liability, homeowners and renters liability, underinsured/uninsured motorist claims, mass tort, construction, environmental and professional liability.
Erika also routinely counsels and represents insurers regarding extra-contractual and bad faith claims. Erika’s practice involves providing coverage opinions, negotiating coverage disputes at the pre-litigation stage, handling all aspects of coverage litigation on behalf of insurance companies and participating in settlement negotiations and mediations.
When Erika is not in the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband and three young children. She is also active with Junior Achievement, a nationwide program that helps students see the connection between what they learn in school and the real world, with an emphasis on money management.
Membership & Involvement
- Indiana Memberships: Indiana State Bar Association; Indianapolis Bar Association – Insurance Coverage Section; Lake County Bar Association
- Illinois Memberships: Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association
- Member: Defense Research Institute
Resources & Insights
- Coverage Basics: Indiana LawClient Seminar,
- Ethical Conflicts of Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and WisconsinClient Seminar,
- Spring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in IndianaSpring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in Indiana
Property taxes in Indiana are paid twice a year, with payments generally due on May 10 and November 10. However, the spring installment is most significant as it relates to the sale of land for unpaid taxes.
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- Separation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and ImprovementsSeparation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and Improvements
Can improvements to real estate, such as buildings, be owned separately from the land beneath them?
- Fair Labor Standards ActFair Labor Standards Act
Join Julie Proscia to learn about FLSA, its classifications,, and the pitfalls of noncompliance. The webcast will help employers check their own compliance, and avoid costly litigation.
The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2009
Indiana University, B.A., 2001