Brian has worked tirelessly to resolve complicated litigation issues for his clients for more than 30 years. He handles a wide variety of civil litigation matters; including the representation of individuals and businesses in complex personal injury lawsuits seeking recovery for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death claims. His service groups include Transportation & Logistics and General Liability. Brian has tried dozens of cases to verdict, and handled hundreds of arbitration and mediation matters. Additionally, Brian has defended numerous uninsured and underinsured motorist matters involving high exposure claims.
Brian is a court appointed arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois and has presided over dozens of arbitration hearings as chief arbitrator. Brian is also a certified mediator by the State of Illinois.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Lake County Bar Association; all federal courts in Illinois and Wisconsin; and the Trial Bar of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- What the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and InvestorsWhat the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and Investors
On August 24, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a draft of its strategic plan for 2022 – 2026, outlining its key initiatives for the next four years. The SEC’s mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. Its strategic plan is intended to further that mission by laying out goals that will guide its policy and decision making.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.