We have a practice in the area of shareholder activism and activist investing, with an expertise in the applicable corporate laws, securities laws, tender offers, and proxy battles.
Serving activists, occasional activists, and issuers, we provide advice on navigating the maze of applicable laws and regulations. We assist with matters involving Regulation 13D/G, the proxy rules, Section 16(b), trading rules, Hart-Scott-Rodino and other applicable federal and state securities and corporate laws, as well as other tax and regulatory issues. The firm counsels clients on a wide variety of activist and defensive strategies, from long-term partnerships with management to proxy contests and consent solicitations. We have extensive experience dealing with advance notice bylaws; assisting with “books and records” and shareholder register demands; handling regulatory approvals, investigations and legislative hearings; effecting board changes; and engaging in defensive and offensive litigation.
- Senior Counsel
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- Corporate Attorney James J. Wawrzyn Joins Our Milwaukee OfficeCorporate Attorney James J. Wawrzyn Joins Our Milwaukee Office
Please join us in welcoming James!
- State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)
In USLAW NETWORK’s newly released COVID-19 Force Majeure Compendium of Law, Karen Tobin seeks to provide an Illinois exemplar on relevant considerations with respect to invoking “force majeure” clauses in contracts in light of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- Attorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice GroupAttorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice Group
- The Corporate Paralegal: Overcoming Top ChallengesThe Corporate Paralegal: Overcoming Top Challenges