In 2018, there weren’t many new federal employment laws put into place, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t new implementation at the local level. If a local law provides more benefits to an employee than the federal law, an employer must follow the local law.
In Heather Bailey’s article, “New Year’s Resolution for Operators Should Include an HR Checklist!,” published in NAMA’s Winter, 2019 edition of InTouch Magazine, she provides a checklist for employers for 2019 to avoid unnecessary penalties and fines.
Heather's full article can be read in NAMA's InTouch Magazine, Winter, 2019 edition or NAMA members can login and read the full article here.
- Affirmative Action
- Cannabis in the Workplace
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Employment Advice & Counsel
- Government Regulation, Audit and Compliance
- Immigration & Global Mobility
- Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration
- Prevailing Wage
- Public Sector
- Staffing Agency, Independent Contractor & Contingent Workforce
- Traditional Labor & Union Relations
- Unfair Competition Counseling and Litigation
- Wage & Hour
- Workers' Compensation