Tom has been defending the interests of his clients for more than 20 years. He provides services in litigation as well as a wide range of corporate transactional matters, including, but not limited to, real estate, contractual agreements, banking and finance, premises liability, defamation and catastrophic injury.
Tom especially enjoys working with clients who are in the early stages of building a business; he helps them progress into the marketplace and defends them against employee claims from within as well as from outside competitors. While keeping clients actively involved in the decision-making process, Tom has tried in excess of 50 cases to verdict.
Membership & Involvement
- Former Review Board Member of the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as a "Leading Lawyer" in litigation
- Spring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in IndianaSpring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in Indiana
Property taxes in Indiana are paid twice a year, with payments generally due on May 10 and November 10. However, the spring installment is most significant as it relates to the sale of land for unpaid taxes.
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- Separation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and ImprovementsSeparation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and Improvements
Can improvements to real estate, such as buildings, be owned separately from the land beneath them?
- Fair Labor Standards ActFair Labor Standards Act
Join Julie Proscia to learn about FLSA, its classifications,, and the pitfalls of noncompliance. The webcast will help employers check their own compliance, and avoid costly litigation.
IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1983, summa cum laude
Southern Illinois University, B.A., 1972