As SmithAmundsen chief operating officer and managing partner of our Indiana operations, Steve draws on his management and practical business experience to contribute to the firm’s strategic growth. Prior to joining the firm, and after a 25 year career with Eli Lilly and Company, he served as chairman of PNC Bank, Indiana, president of National City Bank in Indiana and executive vice president of National City Corporation.
Since joining the firm in 2015, Steve has been instrumental in the growth and success of our Indianapolis office and the firm as a whole. He works in collaboration with the firm’s managing partner to drive tactical planning, recruit new talent, and maintain the trust of the firm’s growing client base.
Outside the office Steve enjoys spending time with his family and playing with his grandchildren.
Membership & Involvement
- Board of Directors: Central Indiana Corporate Partnership; Center for Leadership Development; Past Chair, Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce; Indiana University Foundation; St. Vincent’s Heart Center of Indiana; Simon Youth Foundation; Develop Indy
- Board of Trustees: Junior Achievement of Central Indiana
- Board Chair: St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Centers, Inc.
- Junior Achievement of Indiana Business Hall of Fame: 2016 Laureate
- Masquerade Honoree: Simon Youth Foundation
- Outstanding Service to the Community Award: Pacers Foundation
- Recipient of the Sagamore of the Wabash Award
- Outstanding Alumni Award from Indiana University School of Law
Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Banking and Finance Law: 2021, 2022
Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Corporate Law: 2021, 2022
Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Financial Services Regulation Law: 2021, 2022
Resources & Insights
- 43 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202243 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Inclusion in this listing is entirely based on peer review and demonstrates that attorneys in each nominee’s respective fields hold these attorneys in high esteem.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Indiana University, A.B.
- Washington, D.C.
- Supreme Court of the United States