Paul leaves no stone unturned, exploring every option to find the best result for his clients. As a former prosecutor, he brings investigative and interrogative skills to his civil litigation practice. Problem solving and strategizing are what he enjoys most about litigation.
As a member of the firm’s Tort Litigation and Insurance Service Groups, Paul defends clients in various industries including retail, transportation, manufacturing and insurance. He assists with toxic tort, catastrophic personal injury and construction matters. He also handles insurance matters including, bad faith, breach of contract, premises liability, environmental claims, and environmental cost recovery.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana; Claims and Litigation Management Alliance; Indianapolis Bar Association; Indiana Bar Association
- Selected to the Indiana Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2019, 2020
Resources & Insights
- Stacking Insurance Coverage and Underinsured/Uninsured SetoffsNBI Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Coverage,
- Indiana Premises Liability Law is going through a period of clarification. Learn the latest developments and how you can get them to work for your client.DTCI Annual Conference,
- Examining The Insurer’s Duty to Defend Under Indiana LawIndiana Civil Litigation Review,
- SmithAmundsen Contributes Amicus Brief to a Significant Win for Indiana’s Defense BarSmithAmundsen Contributes Amicus Brief to a Significant Win for Indiana’s Defense Bar
A significant win for the Defense Bar in Indiana, the Court of Appeals also followed the argument in the brief, stating bills are relevant evidence to pain and suffering value regardless of whether the plaintiff pursues a claim towards medical expenses.
- SmithAmundsen Promotes Nine Attorneys to PartnerSmithAmundsen Promotes Nine Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Luke Behnke, Amber Bishop, John Hayes, Matthew Kees, Elizabeth Lum, Paul Mackowski, Britta Sahlstrom, Jack Sanker & Justin Welply!
Indiana University Robert. H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2012
Indiana University, B.A., 2008