Mark’s definition of going the extra mile is to do something that's unexpected; to solve the problem that the client didn't even know they had and fixing problems before they even start.
Mark is a civil defense litigator. He represents clients in the automotive, retail and medical industries that are most commonly facing issues related to the liability of their customers in some kind of negligence.
At the beginning of Mark’s career, he experienced working as a junior defense attorney on a major Illinois political corruption case. That case pitted the defense against not only the U.S. Attorney’s Office, but the F.B.I., the media, and the entire weight of national public opinion. He credits this experience for teaching him how to dig his heels in, stand his ground and fight for the rights of his clients.
Giving back to the community and nurturing that sense of service in other young professionals is important to Mark. He formerly served as the president of IGNITE and as Vice President of the Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois. Mark currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors for Keeping Northern Illinois Beautiful, an organization that strives to promote recycling and sustainability in Northern Illinois.
Mark has a deep sense of curiosity that pushes him to live outside his comfort zone and to constantly strive for trying and learning new things.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
- Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois: Vice President, 2017-Present; Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- IGNITE Young Professionals, Rockford: President 2014-2016
Resources & Insights
- Spring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in IndianaSpring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in Indiana
Property taxes in Indiana are paid twice a year, with payments generally due on May 10 and November 10. However, the spring installment is most significant as it relates to the sale of land for unpaid taxes.
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- Separation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and ImprovementsSeparation Anxiety? Indiana Tax Sale Separates Ownership of Land and Improvements
Can improvements to real estate, such as buildings, be owned separately from the land beneath them?
- Fair Labor Standards ActFair Labor Standards Act
Join Julie Proscia to learn about FLSA, its classifications,, and the pitfalls of noncompliance. The webcast will help employers check their own compliance, and avoid costly litigation.
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, 2008
University of Illinois, B.S. (Integrative Biology), 2005