Ken has protected the interests of clients in the legal, architecture, engineering, insurance, accounting, real estate, and construction industries for more than 15 years and has tried more than 10 cases to verdict. Ken’s practice primarily involves civil litigation, typically focusing on the defense of professionals.
As co-chair of the firm’s Professional Liability Service Group, Ken represents clients in many different professions and industries, including construction, design professionals, legal practice, insurance, real estate, and property preservation. In addition to civil litigation, Ken also represents professionals before various state and federal agencies, including the ARDC and the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Insurance Law Committee; Illinois Association of Defense Council; Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Resources & Insights
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- Going Ugly Early: The benefits and implications on a claim or potential claim if you do and the potential problems if you don’tPLUS Midwest,
- 28 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen,
- USLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat: 2021 and BeyondUSLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat: 2021 and Beyond
SmithAmundsen joined with over 100 USLAW member law firms recently to participate in the USLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat, a 10-day conference developed for general counsel, in-house counsel and all legal decision makers.