Exceptional litigators often share qualities with good stage performers. As a regular performer in the annual Chicago Bar Association musical comedy review, Hillary capitalizes on that fact in the courtroom.
Hillary is an enthusiastic litigator, seeing civil litigation matters through from initial filing to trial or settlement. She counsels clients on issues relating to construction, catastrophic personal injury, premises liability and products liability and regularly defends contractors and subcontractors in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Hillary has extensive trial experience, serving as lead counsel in more than 20 jury trials. In addition to her trial experience, Hillary also prepares and conducts all facets of multiple arbitrations and mediations as lead counsel in matters involving construction, catastrophic loss, premises liability, employment, products liability and personal injury.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Women's Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC): Vice Chair of the Construction Law Committee (2018 -- present)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI): Social Engagement Vice Chair of the Construction Law Committee (2021 -- present)
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2011, 2014
Resources & Insights
- DRI and Illinois Defense Counsel, Webcast,
- SmithAmundsen; Oak Brook, IL,
- UIM and TBI ClaimsClient Presentation; Chicago, IL,
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar,
- 2021 Artificial Intelligence in Construction Virtual Seminar2021 Artificial Intelligence in Construction Virtual Seminar
Join Hillary Weigle and Dennis Cotter as they present their topics “We’re Not Droning On” and “Artificial Intelligence Legislation and Litigation” at the 2021 Artificial Intelligence in Construction Virtual Seminar.