Daniel understands that a business’s objectives and goals are one of the most important aspects of a legal strategy; he prides himself on understanding the client’s business and industry, and takes personal responsibility for meeting the client’s objectives. He insists on personally seeing each matter through and holds himself responsible for obtaining the best results for his clients. As chair of the Business Litigation Service Group, Daniel and his team are prepared every day to respond to whatever needs their clients have, no matter how large or small, and do so with the desire to add to their clients’ success. As managing partner of the firm’s St. Louis office, Dan advises and mentors our St. Louis attorneys and leads its strategic growth.
For more than 20 years Daniel has assisted business owners in both transactional and litigation matters with particular emphasis in the construction, heavy equipment, real estate, fuel, banking and gaming industries. Daniel’s transaction experience includes guiding clients through every facet of a business acquisition or sale, from the start in preparing for sale, through negotiations, due diligence, closing, and even post-closing matters, such as indemnity disputes. He also handles real estate development including acquisition, zoning, private and public financing, and sale. In addition, Daniel handles litigation matters. He has tried many cases in state and federal court and has a significant depth of experience in bankruptcy and insolvency litigation as well as administrative matters such as zoning appeals and tax appeals.
Prior to law school Daniel studied finance and worked in the corporate world. His background, and acumen with numbers and financial concepts, allows him to provide another level of advice and guidance when evaluating terms of deals or analyzing litigation.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association, Committee on Trial and Techniques; American Bar Association, Section of Tort and Insurance Practice; Construction Law Forum; Missouri Bar Association; Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Resources & Insights
- SmithAmundsen Commercial Litigation Alert,
- Triad Bank; St. Louis, MO,
- Members of SmithAmundsen's St. Louis Office Participate in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention WalkMembers of SmithAmundsen's St. Louis Office Participate in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Walk
On September 27th Dan Peters led a team around Queeny Park for a 4.5 mile walk in support of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).
- 50 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202350 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023