Craig has been practicing law for more than 25 years and in that time he has served as lead counsel in more than 50 jury trials. As chair of the firm’s retail team, he represents clients facing premises liability, product liability and retail issues. These include incidents resulting in severe injuries and/or death. Furthermore, he defends allegations of false arrest and malicious prosecution. He works with clients at store level to reduce the risk of future liability, and helps train members of the client’s risk team in early evaluation of claims to reduce costs of litigation.
Craig has conducted over two hundred arbitrations and mediations, including full hearings that are binding. He explores all types of alternative dispute resolution methods to reduce the costs and risks for his clients.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Defense Research Institute; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Resources & Insights
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- State of Illinois Retail and Hospitality Compendium of LawUSLAW,
- USLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat: 2021 and BeyondUSLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat: 2021 and Beyond
SmithAmundsen joined with over 100 USLAW member law firms recently to participate in the USLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat, a 10-day conference developed for general counsel, in-house counsel and all legal decision makers.