Anna brings a global perspective to her trial counsel and defense work; she has practiced law in the United States as well as Russia. Utilizing her analytical skills and passion for justice, Anna focuses her practice in all areas of commercial and insurance litigation. Her representations typically include automobile collision, premises liability and construction.
Anna is a two-time Distinguished Service Award recipient of the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation for her work at the Jane Addams Legal Clinic.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation Volunteer
- Board member: Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
Resources & Insights
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
- Illinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is AdmittedIllinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is Admitted
In an opinion handed down on April 21, 2022, the Illinois Supreme Court reversed Illinois law and now allows direct and vicarious liability actions against employers.
- Spring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in IndianaSpring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in Indiana
Property taxes in Indiana are paid twice a year, with payments generally due on May 10 and November 10. However, the spring installment is most significant as it relates to the sale of land for unpaid taxes.
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.