When a case is heading to trial, Andrea sees the whole picture. Throughout her career she has litigated matters from motion practice to arbitrations, mediations and jury trials. She has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants, giving her an insight she draws on when presenting cases to a judge or jury. Her significant trial experience helps her develop strategies in order to get the best outcomes for her clients.
Andrea represents clients facing premises liability matters, contract disputes, products liability matters, and coverage disputes. She represents businesses as property owners, as well as contractors and subcontractors in property management.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association; Wisconsin Bar Association
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
- Illinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is AdmittedIllinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is Admitted
In an opinion handed down on April 21, 2022, the Illinois Supreme Court reversed Illinois law and now allows direct and vicarious liability actions against employers.
- Spring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in IndianaSpring Tax Time: A Quick Guide to Tax Sales in Indiana
Property taxes in Indiana are paid twice a year, with payments generally due on May 10 and November 10. However, the spring installment is most significant as it relates to the sale of land for unpaid taxes.
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
Marquette University Law School, J.D., 2012
Southeast Missouri State University, B.S., 2009, cum laude