Sexual Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace for Employers – Are You Prepared Both Proactively & Reactively for the Illinois Workplace Transparency Act?
How do you handle difficult conversations about inappropriate behavior before the issue escalates? What should you say and how should you say it when an accusation or claim comes your way? These are important conversations that can be challenging to even the most experienced managers and HR professionals, and few have received coaching or training on how to prepare for and conduct these conversations productively.
Join Heather Bailey of SmithAmundsen and special guests, Alison Henderson of Moving Image Consulting LLC, and Jessica Smith of Jasculca Terman Strategic Communications (JTPR) for a complimentary, live webcast on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 10AM CT. They will cover the Federal and new Illinois mandatory sexual harassment training requirements and how to conduct a proper training for all employees and management teams on how to not only be reactive, but proactive when dealing with sexual harassment and discrimination claims in the workplace.
Specific topics include:
- What are the requirements for harassment training of employees and managers and best practices when dealing with harassment policies and investigations
- Difficult dialogues, issues management and crisis communication when it comes to dealing with sexual harassment allegations in the workplace
- Sexual harassment prevention by understanding employee’s baseline behavior and recognizing stress signals in others
- Affirmative Action
- Cannabis in the Workplace
- COVID-19 Resource Center & Task Force
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Employment Advice & Counsel
- Government Regulation, Audit and Compliance
- Immigration & Global Mobility
- Labor & Employment & Benefits
- Prevailing Wage
- Public Sector
- Staffing Agency, Independent Contractor & Contingent Workforce
- Traditional Labor & Union Relations
- Unfair Competition Counseling and Litigation
- Wage & Hour
- Workers' Compensation