SmithAmundsen's construction and labor and employment groups invite you to a complimentary program on the laws and regulations impacting the construction industry in the coming year.
The program takes place at Harry Caray's in Lombard, IL on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:30 AM and will review key legal issues and developments impacting the construction industry in 2018.
Who should attend? Construction Industry CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Accountants, Human Resource Managers, Safety Consultants, Claims Professionals and Risk Managers.
Topics to be discussed include the following:
- 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM: Registration and breakfast
- 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM: OSHA and Construction Law Update for 2018 – OSHA’s top priorities, new trends, and other legal developments
- 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM: Break
- 9:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Achieving Labor Harmony on the Jobsite and Protecting Your “Turf”– Project labor agreements, managing picketing and secondary boycotts, contractual rights and remedies, out of state general contractors gaining market share, the “Trump Effect”, right-to-work laws, Illinois prevailing wage trends, IDOT, IDOL and other government updates
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Break
- 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Controlling Claim and Litigation Exposures in 2018 – Insurance products, risk management tools and recent court cases impacting the industry
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 | 8:30AM - 12:00PM
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00AM | Program Start: 8:30AM
Location: Harry Caray's, 70 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard, IL 60148