- Posts by Kay WeilerPartner
Kay prides herself on the thoroughness with which she conducts legal research and case analysis, as well as her straightforwardness with clients when communicating her evaluation of their case. Many of those clients include ...
The number of states legalizing medicinal and recreational marijuana use continues to rise. According to CNNMoney, legal pot is now a multi-billion dollar industry in the US. In order to weed out the competition, these businesses should seek whatever protections are available. One powerful tool to protect brands in all industries is trademark registration. However, since marijuana is still illegal under federal law, there are significant limitations on how a business engaged in growing or selling marijuana can protect its trademarks on this product.
U.S. trademark ...
Welcome to the Cannabis Business Legal News blog where attorneys from SmithAmundsen blog about the all things cannabis business and legal news related.
- No April Fool’s Joke: The MORE Act was Just Passed by the House
- Significant Increase in Production of Cannabis and Psychedelics for Research Proposed by the DEA for 2022 – What You Need to Know Now
- Protecting Your Cannabis Business from the Trappings of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The Historic Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act Could Finally End Federal Cannabis Prohibition
- Illinois Cannabis Market Poised to Take Off With New Dispensary Lottery Bill and Issuance of New Licenses for Craft Growers, Infusers, and Transporters
- Federal Cannabis Reform Gaining Momentum: New Legalization Bill Introduced by Republican Congressmen
- Is the US on the Brink of Cannabis Legalization? Not Quite, but the House has Voted to Remove Cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act
- Cannabis Related Collections Still a Race to the Courthouse
- Essential Yet Ineligible: Cannabis-Related Businesses Face Conundrum Under COVID-19
- FinCEN Clarifies Position on Hemp SARs