Corporate Social Responsibility
As a firm, we are conscious of the impact we have on the communities in which we live and work. Our goal is simple – to be a positive influence on our industry and to support the causes that matter to ourselves, our clients and our colleagues.
To that end, SmithAmundsen is proud to support each of its attorneys in their pursuit of causes personal to their interests and to make firm-wide commitments of time and financial resources as an active corporate citizen of the Midwest.
The following represent examples of the organizations we support with our time and monetary resources as a firm.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
- Communities in Schools of Chicago
- Cook County Bar Association Foundation
- EAA Aviation Foundation
- Equality Illinois
- Equip for Equality
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Horizons at St. Richard’s
- Indiana Council of Community Mental Health Centers
- Indianapolis Children’s Museum
- KIPP Indianapolis
- LAGBAC - Chicago’s LGBTQ+ Bar Association
- Luster Foundation
- Marquette Bank Education Foundation
- Mission St. Louis
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Old Newsboys
- Professional Women’s Club of Chicago
- RHI Foundation
- SLU Liver Center
- Springboard to Success
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Center for Disability & Elder Law
- United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Indiana
At SmithAmundsen we believe we have a social responsibility to reduce our carbon footprint and do our part to combat climate change. Our firm’s sustainability practices aim to reduce our emissions, eliminate waste and be more energy efficient. We are committed to minimizing the impact our firm has on the environment by encouraging recycling, reducing waste and fossil fuel usage, and conserving energy where we can. These efforts are ongoing and we are always striving to do more.
Our Sustainable Practices
The following represent examples of the sustainable practices we have adopted as a firm.
- We use a secure e-filing system, which means less printing and paper use.
- We’ve installed LED lighting and energy efficient appliances in multiple office locations.
- When possible, we use video conferencing in order to reduce the amount of travel between offices.
- We implemented a recycling program.
- We distributed reusable cups to all SmithAmundsen employees in order to reduce waste.
- We reduced our use of plastic by eliminating many branded giveaways.
- We encourage electronic reporting and communications throughout the firm.